Thursday, January 1, 2009

Table Top Painting


This past April we were vendors at the 3-day event called Rolex,at the Lexington Horse Park, Lexington, KY. We spoke with so many people for those 4 days! One customer loved our paintings, but wanted her horse on something. We spoke for a bit and finally agreed that if she just sent the table top we could paint on it and ship it back with reasonable shipping fees all around. She did send us 2 table tops. She wanted four terriers on one and on the other she wanted her horse and parent's bearded collie. She sent lots of photos for us to pick and choose which was great!
I was painting the horse and dog. I painted her horse bending over the closed dutch door and the bearded collie touching noses with her mare. The top measured 28" diameter. I ended up with 10 coats of polyurethene finish for protection!

3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Great table top! Looks like alot of fun to paint. Love your Blog...Ingrid =0)

Danielle Barlow said...

Lovely bearded collie!
I've just added your link to my blog - for some reason the old link was broken/ not showing. I'll try again!

Leola - Southshoreartist said...

This is wonderful!!!!!!!! I love painting on "things" and this has turned out beautifully. What an unique piece....Well done! Southshoreartist

Tuscan landscape

Tuscan landscape
parade of homes master bath tub